Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Inspiration for Writers

"Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouragd by the size of the task, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly." 1 Chronicles 28:20 NLT

The context of this verse refers to King David building the Temple to house the Ark of the Covenant. But really? Is it so different from what God instructs us to do everyday as His will? As with all facets of our lives, God calls each of us differently, but in respects to my writing, His command to do the work and not be discouraged by the size of the task for the Lord God, my God is with me, strikes a chord deep in my soul.

The road of our calling is difficult to traverse at times. For me, I work full-time outside the home and return in the evenings to responsibilities that include my home, family and commitments. And writing. Most days it's difficult to juggle everything together.

But, reading verses such as this one, reminds me that God gave me the calling to write for Him. To bring the stories He gave me bumping around in my head to the page and share them. For God to share them with whomever He pleases. But he can't share them unless I prove faithful and write them. He hasn't assigned this calling and left me to try and figure out how to hold up my end of the deal. No. He's there with me every step of the way.

He will see to it that all the work related ot the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly.

God is there to lead me, to guide me, to inspire me.

All I have to do is the work.

Have a blessed week, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment