Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Play Time!

I decided to play with my blog template. What do you think? This one is only temporary as I explore Christmas themes, but I kind of like it : )

Personally, I tend to fall into a rut in an effort to remain constant. Does that make sense? You're told you have to stick with your brand, people need to recognize you for the author you are, become an Internet icon.

Hmmm, I do believe all that advice is well and good, but also, I think we need to constantly work on our creativity. God poured more than the standard measure of creativity into my little pea brain. I could daydream for hours if left to my own devices. And it served me well in my childhood when I struggled with painful shyness. I created worlds and characters in my head that kept me company and accepted me for the quiet, reserve kid I was.

Then hormones hit the scene and well, a curious teenager emerged from her shell on the first day of junior high. LOL. I'll bet my folks longed for the days when they worried over how much I talked to myself!! Maturity, marriage and children of my own have tempered my ways, but I still retain the tendency to slip into creative lapses and rearrange the furniture for no reason at all or buy a new scented candle or ...

Or change the wallpaper on my blog : )

Stay tuned, I'm searching for just the right Christmas essence to welcome in the holiday season : )

2 comments:

  1. Audra~

    I think this one is true to your brand, as I understand it...A little bit rustic, but Oh, so lovely.

    But I love Christmas themes too. Can't wait for one of those.

    This makes me think I should redo my own blog template, but I'm sure I don't have time to do it right now...maybe after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea! Haven't talked to you in soooooo long!

    Thanks for the compliment! I like changing things around every so often. Just realized my blog has been neglected! Maybe a bit of redecorating will encourage my fingers to type a bit.

    Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete