Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Booksigning, Part II


My very first booksigning was a blast! And to give credit where credit is due, I have to start by thanking Amanda Cabot. Amanda is my amazing friend and gracious leader of our writers group, Front Range Christian Fiction Writers which meets the 4th Saturday of each month at the Barnes and Noble located in The Promenade Shops at Centerra in Loveland, CO. She told Vivian at Barnes and Noble about my sale who then set the date for January 2011.

Vivian is a promotional diva extrordinaire. She took care of ordering books, setting up a table right at the front door, ordering fantastic promo posters, and even keeping me supplied with water. She was wonderful.



Leslie Ann is the best!
Next, the entire day would not have run smoothly if my fellow writer and best friend Leslie Ann Sartor hadn't been by my side assuring me all would be fine. She made a check list of things to take, arranged the signing table with all the goodies and was the most amazing hostess!! She directed folks to the guest book and offered them an opportunity to win one of two baskets if they put their name in a drawing. She even took care of getting the winners to Vivian so she would announce the winners. My day would NOT have been as good, as memorable, as exciting if Leslie had not been there with me.

My family!

Gotta make a plug for my family. My son drove down from school and was the first guest there. Then husband and daughter showed up. They were so gracious and entertaining. I love them for all the support they give me -- always.


I couldn't ask to work with a better
group of gals

And then of course, the guests. Oh my word, did we have a crowd! All my cohorts from work showed up with family and friends in tow. They all had a hand in dressing me. Kim provided the boots, Lisa the jacket and skirt, and Amy the opinions. I'm humbled that they gave up a Saturday afternoon to come and support me at my signing. Hmmm, maybe the promise of chocolate for all had more pull than I thought, LOL! The biggest surprise came with a couple of friends showed up that I had worked with 25 years ago and hadn't seen since. Wow. The fact that Merilee and Craig drove to Denver from Pueblo and Manitou Springs almost made me cry.

I could go on and on, but really, that would just be me blubbering in my joy. Saturday, January 22 was such a blessing to me. I'm wondering if maybe the angels God sent to supervise the day didn't have a good time, too. And maybe, just maybe they snatched a chocolate or two...

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support.

There'll never again be a first booksigning!!

2 comments:

  1. Audra, I'm glad your booksigning was such a success. How neat to have the support of so many friends and family members. You looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Keli! Was it fun, or what??!! I'm not in a big rush to do anything like that again, but the party atmosphere was quite appropriate for the first time!!

    Visit Seekerville on Thursday and I'm going to offer a Booksigning Preparedness List.

    NOW, I can't wait to hear about YOUR first booksigning since you SOLD your first book!!!

    ReplyDelete