Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31, 2009

Can you believe the year is almost over? Seems like each year, the time goes by just a mite faster. Maybe I should just Christmas shop now for next year and be all set by the time Thanksgiving comes rolling around in just a few weeks : )

Tomorrow is the day for revolutions.

Today is the day to give thanks.

I'm thankful for:
  • ...my family and our health. This year has seen some crazy things happen from kidney infections to hernias to dog-bitten fingers. Through it all, we kept our sense of humor along with countless prayers heavenward.
  • ...my daughter who lives life to the fullest. Her motto: you can rest when you're dead. She has a heart of gold and a 1000-watt smile to go with it.
  • ...my son who lives up to his nickname of Minimum Bud, even though he's the first to lend a hand fixing equipment, moving furniture or chauffeuring his friends where they want to go. Now if we can just come up with enough money to support his food budget...
  • ...good friends to laugh and cry with and who always know just what to say whether it's consolation or a smack up side of the head. Best friends don't let best friends wallow or do stupid things.
  • ...my job that brings me endless enjoyment and the opportunity to give back to the 4-H community for all the support and love they've shown our family. Special thanks to this incredible village of families that helped raise my children and me!
  • ...my Five Scribes buddies for creating a blogging venue so diversified, visitors learn all about romantic suspense, womens' fiction, urban fantasy, screenwriting, along with my contribution of inspirational romance depending on the day they visit. The guest interviews are fantastic and the book reviews enlightening. Thank you my good friends for joining me on this adventure into the next year.
  • ...my Seekerville sisters. I can't say enough about this incredible group of women who bonded together out of our competition against each other in writing contests. No joy, problem or sorrow is too big or too small for the ladies who serve up fun and laughter, along with delicious treats in Seekerville each day. Life in fiction writing land would be so lonely without you guys! Empty the island by 2011!!
  • ...the honor of living in this great nation. More specifically, I love living in Colorado where the sun shines 300 days out of the year and everything you might want to do is but hours away. Our friends and neighbors are quick with a smile or a helping hand and a blessing no matter what time of year. Oh and don't let me forget the cowboys, ranchers and farmers who inspire my stories by simply being who they are.
  • ...a relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ, my God who accompanies me on my journey through life, always with me, always protecting me, always loving me. May my life reflect His love through this coming year.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm thankful for so much that if I tried to list them all, I'd spend the next year writing about all the blessings in my life over the last year : )

I'm hoping your year was filled with memorable events. Good, bad, or ugly (had to toss in a little Clint Eastwood), 2009 will live in our hearts forever.

May 2010 fill you with adventure!

Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment