Pages

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Maybe January 31st, 2009

As Martin Luther King once said, "I have a dream. . ."

Or rather in the words of Audra Harders, "I had a dream."

My original goal was to complete the rough draft of my current wip by Dec 31st. Well, progress is going well, just not quickly.

People write in different ways and at different paces. I thought I could whip out a rough draft in a month and then work on the details. The problem is my new approach of getting into my character's head is at strong odds with spit-it-out-and-clean-up-later.

I've been spending quite a bit of time in Diana's and Gabe's heads lately. They're really quite complex people. Each evening as I sit down to write, I think about just getting from point A to point B, but find that all the good stuff inbetween can't be glossed over.

And there you have it. You can send an old dog to school, but you can't make them rough-draft like they'd like to : )

2 comments:

  1. Audra,
    Yeah, best laid plans, but the key word here is that you're still writing. Currently you don't have an editor breathing down your neck, so relax, enjoy the process and let Gabe and Diana take over.
    xo
    LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. They just got done singing around the campfire : ) Thought it was a good place to stop for the night, LOL

    ReplyDelete